The Aether Nomad project is an invitation to all Steampunks who enjoy being a little exotic. Would you like to create costume, take photos, model, set up a Steampunk tribal bellydancing group - or if you’re already in one, create costumes and a special routine? Would you like to write, adding to the growing collective story? There is a Pinterest board for inspiration, a private Facebook group and we’re working on a public one, too.
It began as snippets of stories popping into my head as I created new jewellery for The Navigatrix. This illustration was done by Jennie Gyllblad (of The Clockwork Watch, among other works) and it features several items available, at time of posting, at The Navigatrix - see collage! All items are one-off creations, though I do tend to pursue themes, where possible.
• Multiway Hip Chain “CloudDancer Ameera” https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/181578660/multiway-hip-chain-necklace-headdress?ref=shop_home_active_2
• Headscarf Jewellery “The Kraken’s Tear” https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/181438050/headscarf-jewellery-necklacecorset-belt?ref=shop_home_active_4
• Tribal Feather Earrings https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/165851691/tribal-feather-earrings-aether-nomad?ref=shop_home_active_21
• Multiway Steamhippy chain belt ‘CloudDancer’ https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/164274096/multiway-steamhippy-chain-belt-statement?ref=shop_home_active_22
• ‘Keeper of Secrets’ Necklace https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/167029445/black-teardrop-with-key-necklace-keeper?ref=shop_home_active_20
If you are interested in joining the tribe, whether just creating a character for yourself or setting up a group endeavour, do get in touch!